Managing IT Infrastructure
For an organization’s information technology, infrastructure management (IM) is the management of essential operation components, such as policies, processes, equipment, data, human resources, and external contacts, for overall effectiveness.
Infrastructure management is sometimes divided into categories of systems management, network management, and storage management. Infrastructure management products are available from a number of vendors including NetServ.
Among other purposes, infrastructure management seeks to:
- Reduce duplication of effort
- Ensure adherence to standards
- Enhance the flow of information throughout an information system
- Promote adaptability necessary for a changeable environment
- Ensure interoperability among organizational and external entities
- Maintain effective
- change management policies and practices
Although all business activities depend upon the infrastructure, planning and projects to ensure its effective management are typically undervalued to the detriment of the organization. According to IDC, a prominent research firm (cited in an article in DMReview), investments in infrastructure management have the largest single impact on an organization’s revenue.
NetServ combines infrastructure management with SaaS applications to optimize performance and availability and quickly remediate issues. And, even as we manage your IT operations, you retain complete control and transparency through MWatch, our management and operations platform.
Our infrastructure management services include:
- Data Center Infrastructure Management, monitoring and optimizing data center resources 24/7
- End-User Computing, customized workspace services that significantly improve data management, productivity, processes and security across your company
- Application Support to continually optimize application availability and performance
- Technical Support that incorporates customer profiling and predictive analytics to remote and on-site services portfolio