Software-Defined WAN (SD-WAN) is an overlay architecture that overcomes the biggest drawbacks of traditional WAN. SD-WAN builds a secure, unified connectivity over any transport (MPLS, Broadband, LTE, VSAT etc.) and provides simplified operations with centralized management, policy control and application visibility across the enterprise.
Wide Area Network (WAN) connectivity models follow hybrid approach and companies may have multiple types – MPLS and Internet. Branch A has remote access over the Internet, while branch B employs private MPLS connectivity. Internet and MPLS have distinct connectivity models and different types of overlay exist for Internet and MPLS based networks. The challenge is to combine these overlays automatically and provide a transport-agnostic overlay network.
Solution – Viptela
To address these challenges, Viptela created a new overlay network-called Secure Extensible Network (SEN). For the first time, encryption is built into the solution. Security and routing are combined into one solution. Enables you to span environments, anywhere-to-anywhere in a secure deployment. Type of architecture that is not possible with today’s-traditional networking methods.
Key benefit of Viptela is any-to-any connectivity product offering. Connectivity previously found in Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) networks. They purely work on the connectivity model and not security frameworks. They can however, influence-traffic path to and from security services.
- Ubiquitous Data Plane
- Transport Independence
- Automatically Secure Routed Endpoints
- Secure Network Segmentation
- Centrally Enforce Policy
- Advertise Layer 4 to Layer 7 Service to the Network
Benefits of Viptela
Most Deployed SD-WAN in Fortune 1000 Enterprises
- Globally deployed in financials, healthcare, retail, manufacturing, energy and more
- Single platform that addresses every major use case across all industries.
Reduce Time to Capability
- Quickly deploy new branches with any transport (LTE/Broadband/MPLS/VSAT)
- Enable new services or implement policy with centralized management
- Automate operation workflows with in-built automation
Zero Application Outages
- Multiple hybrid links with active-active capability
- Real time traffic steering around upstream network issues
- Customizable SLA-based policies per-application
- Extend WAN Seamlessly to AWS & Azure
- Optimized SaaS performance for Office 365,Salesforce and more
- Unified enterprise WAN policy for cloud and on-premises workloads
Secure, Hardened Network
- Robust security for the enterprise WAN independent of transport
- Reducing attack surface with segmentation for IoT, Partner networks, Cloud, Guest wireless
- On-demand insertion of Zscaler, Palo Alto and other network services
Reduce WAN Costs by 50% or More
- Migrate from MPLS to Hybrid WAN
- 10x bandwidth at 50% the cost
- Optimize usage and capacity of transport