Services - Managed Services- Managed Security Services

Vulnerability Management

Since 2010 software vulnerabilities have doubled every year, requiring organizations to constantly patch OS platforms and applications and audit security settings throughout their data network environment. To proactively address vulnerabilities before they are utilized for a cyberattack, organizations serious about the security of their environment perform vulnerability management to provide the highest levels of security posture possible.

managed SOC

The vulnerability management cycle


Source: Gartner

Vulnerability management is generally defined as the process of identifying, assessing, reporting, categorizing, prioritizing, and remediating vulnerabilities across endpoints, workloads, and systems. An ongoing method leverages a security team coupled with a vulnerability management tool to detect vulnerabilities and utilize different processes to patch or remediate them.
Bad actors constantly look to take advantage of known vulnerabilities to take over a system. A recent research report published by Mandiant says 58% of vulnerabilities exploited are zero day vulnerabilities and remaining 42% are after patch is issued. Managing threats is a reactive process where the threat must be actively present. vulnerability management on the other hand is proactive, and is a constant process of identifying security risks that exist and fix them before they are exploited.
This is why a robust vulnerability management process using threat intelligence and knowledge of customer-specific IT business operations to prioritize vulnerability risk mitigations and patching is the need of the hour.
At NetServ, we just don’t provide off the shelf vulnerability Scanner and spit out a report. Our Vulnerability management solution provides comprehensive coverage of the entire vulnerability management process. Our Security experts first assess the IT Software and Systems in place, pick the right vulnerability tool to get the job done, assess the business risks, and help prioritize what needs to be patched, and what risks can be mitigated until patched.